ZondST2D is designed for two-dimensional interpretation of seismic tomography data on refracted and reflected waves (land, cross-borehole and water variants).
Important stage which prevents field measurement is mathematical modeling of velocity structure for seismic tomography survey. Modeling gives a chance to estimate the level of reflected waves first times and to make a choice of optimum parameters of the observation system for decision of formulated geological problem. ZondST2D has great range of tools for mathematical modeling and analysis of refracted and reflected waves. ZondST2D supports modeling and inversion in next three ways: mesh model, arbitrary layered model, polygonal model.
The software includes the following modules:
- MASW — surface waves data processing and interpretation
- Refraction waves forward modeling and inversion in arbitrary layered medium
- Attenuation tomography
- Velocity anisotropy
- Reflection waves forward modeling and inversion in arbitrary layered medium
For the seismograms processing developed a special interface designed to simplify and automate the process of first arrivals times picking. Special attention is paid to variety ways of data visualization and simple access to frequently used functions. Module contains set of tools for filtering, combining shots, picking P, S refraction and reflection waves.
For surface wave processing special MASW / ReMi module was designed. ZondST2D allows to pick multimode dispersion curve and invert it for velocity profile.
Survey constructor of ZondST2D allow to create any surveys for modeling.
ZondST2D provides set of tools for visualization of geological and geophysical information, building of geological section and 3D slices.
ZondST2D supports joint inversion and modeling: P and S waves, refraction and reflection waves, gravity, magnetic.
ZondST2D provides special module for reflection waves forward modeling and inversion.
Two extra algorithms for attenuation tomography and velocity anisotropy recovering are available in software.
ZondST2D provides module for visualization of all results together.
- Measurements at the water surface and the water bottom. Borehole and cross-borehole systems. Any mixed system.
- Four ways for specifying topography. Real-time editing.
- Buffer for 5 models.
- Data quality control, denoising and editing data module.
- A set of tools for mathematical modeling of velocity section. Standard mesh “bitmap” style, arbitrary layered model and polygonal style model. Additional tools for gravity, magneticl forward modeling and joint inversion.
- Number of the inversion algorithms : smooth, focusing, robust, block. Setting the reference model for the inversion. Suppressing of the noise component during inversion (robust reweigthing).
- Suppressing static shifts during inversion.
- Setting of limits for models parameters, inserting of a priori geological boundaries and borehole data to inversion. Assignment of weights for datum records. Editor of measurements.
- Estimation of results quality based on sensitivity matrix analysis. Calculation of sensitivity, quality and DOI index.
- Number of variants for data, model and apriori information visualization. Ability to set a semitransparent background for the resistivity section (geological, electrical sections).
- Three-dimensional visualization of the velocity sections along arbitrary system profiles. Maps slices of parameters for various depths.
- Geological sections editor and borehole columns editor. Titled boreholes.
- Exporting to bitmap and vector graphics formats, excel, surfer, AUTOCAD. Setting the scale of the exported image. Print images and create reports.
More details on the functionality of the software can be found by downloading the user manual as well as its demo-version or by watching video reviews and tutorials.